It is also a possibility that you may need to do a “retouch” procedure. This is common.
After your procedure, here are a few things to expect:
1. You will take prescribed medicine for a few days following the surgery because you will be in mild discomfort.
2. Discoloration will occur, a mild degree of black and blue. It will take approximately two to three weeks to fade. Many patients use make up to cover up the discoloration, however you should consult with your surgeon regarding the ingredients.
3. Take vitamin C for weeks after surgery, as it will minimize bruising.
4. There will be a small amount of bleeding – however, if you experience a lot of bleeding you need to call your doctor immediately.
5. Breathing may not feel normal, as this is expected. You may feel congested.
6. The scar tissue will not heal completely for three to six months.
7. Do not expose yourself to direct sun light and continue using sunscreen.
The most important thing is to follow your instinct. If you think that something is wrong, it is at your discretion to contact your surgeon immediately.
To learn more about rhinoplasty or other facial plastic surgery procedures, contact
’s highly rated plastic surgery Dr. Bill Portuese at (206) 624-6200 Seattle
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.