There are many factors to take into consideration when deciding on a plastic surgeon. Look at scholarly background, along with clinical expertise.
1. Back to the basics – Board certification in plastic surgery and/or facial plastic surgery is a basic requirement.
2. Academic affiliation with universities are also key factors to a surgeon’s success.
3. Invovlement in societies and organizations. This can demonstrate that the doctor is up to date on current medicine and continues to learn.
4. Consider the doctor’s surgery experience. If they have been practicing for several years, they are going to have more experience than a new doctor.
5. The most important thing you can do – look at before and after pictures on the surgeon’s website. Compare your intended surgery with his or her’s past surgeries.
6. If the photos show complex surgeries of different issues and ethnicities, they have extensive experiene – this is the doctor you want.
Dr. William A. Portuese is board certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and by the American Board of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery. He is the current president of the Washington State Chapter of Facial Plastic Surgeons. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Portuese call Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon at (206) 624-6200.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.